Thursday, May 9, 2013

"Wunderkind" by Alanis Morissette

(A song written (I think) about Lucy in the recent movie "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe", but I can't help feeling it fits me too...)
Oh, perilous place walk backwards toward youBlink disbelieving eyes chilled to the boneMost visibly brave, no apprehended bloomFirst to take this foot to virgin snow

I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wondermentI am a wunderkind, ohI live the envelope pushed far enough to believe thisI am a princess on the way to my throneDestined to serve, destined to roam

Oh, ominous place, spellbound and un-childproofedMy least favorite chill to bear aloneCompatriots in place they’d cringe if I told youOur best back pocket secret, our bond full blown

I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wondermentI am a wunderkind, ohI am a pioneer naive enough to believe thisI am a princess on the way to my throneDestined to seek, destined to know

Most beautiful placeReborn and blown off roofMy view about face weatherGreat will be done

I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wondermentI am a wunderkind, ohI am a ground breaker naive enough to believe thisI am a princess on the way to my throne

I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wondermentI am a wunderkind, ohI am a Joan of Arc and smart enough to believe thisI am a princess on the way to my throneDestined to reign, destined to roam

No comments:

Post a Comment